Cleaning bloodstain from the carpet is a very tough job. Most of the time you can never remove it completely. But there are some ways by which you can remove dirty blood stains from your carpet. But you need to make sure that you check all the ways properly. It will help you to understand which one will fit the best for your purpose. You also have to check the availability of all the products you will use before starting to clean them. Otherwise, you may end up spoiling your carpet even more. There are several ways by which you can do that and in most cases, these are home remedies.
The ways here are for fresh bloodstain as well as dried ones. But you should make sure that you choose the correct product for the type of bloodstain you are going to clean. If you have a fresh bloodstain on your carpet then the process will be different. And if the blood stain is old then you have to make some extra effort to clean it. If you don’t follow the steps properly then it may happen that the stain will just fade away. But complete removal will not be there.
- 1 8 Ways By Which You Can Remove fresh blood stain from carpet
- 2 How To Remove Dried Blood Stain From Your Carpet
- 3 Conclusion
8 Ways By Which You Can Remove fresh blood stain from carpet
Use Some Vinegar from the Home Pantry
Vinegar is a product that is easily available everywhere. You can get it very easily in any grocery shop. It is one of the major ingredients in our everyday meal. So you will get it very easily. If you want to use vinegar to remove blood from your carpet then you have to do that within 24 hours of the staining. Otherwise, it won’t work the way you want. You have to take full-strength vinegar. It is always better to use white vinegar than the normal one. Then you need to soak the carpet for around 10 minutes and then blot it away with a piece of cloth. If the stain is still there then you need to repeat the whole thing. Finally, you can wash the carpet.
Get Some Ammonia
Ammonia can remove strong bloodstain very easily. But it will work only if it is not completely dried. You need to take half-strength ammonia and mix it with some water. Then you have to put the mixture on the stained area and keep it as it is for a few minutes. After that, you just have to wash your carpet simply and you are good to go.
Purchase Good Quality Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can be a very good solution to remove fresh blood stains from your carpet. You have to take a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide and directly put it on the stain. After keeping it for a few minutes you need to rinse your carpet with clean water. There is another thing you have to keep in mind. You will need to launder your clothes after removing the blood stain with hydrogen peroxide. Because there is a high chance that it will stay in the fiber and react later.
Grab Some Cola
Did you ever think that your everyday drinking cola can help you with your cleaning work? Yes. That is possible. Surprisingly cola has some qualities which are helpful to remove strong stain from fabric. You have to soak the stained area for some time with cola. And then wash it properly. Most of the time it will remove the blood stain quite efficiently. If you want a better result then you can also keep your carpet soaked in cola for the whole night.
This WD-40 is a very famous cleaning solution for many other users including the industrial sector. You will get it in any chemical shop and generally, it is there to pre-treat any type of bloodstain on fabric. You have to take some solution of the chemical and spray it on your carpet and wait for some time. After that, you have to wash your carpet simply by the normal laundering method. This solution helps to lift the strong stain from the carpet so that it can come out easily while washing it. But you have to keep in mind that it will work on the fresh bloodstain mostly.
Mix Some Corn-Starch with Water
If you want a quick solution to your bloodstain problem on the carpet then corn-starch can be a very good item to choose from. You need to make a paste of some corn-starch and cover the stained area on the carpet with it. After that, you should rub it off to remove the stain. At last, you have to keep the carpet in a sunny area to let it dry and then brush off the residual corn-starch. If you feel that the stain is still there then you can repeat the whole process.
Use Normal Talcum Powder
Talcum powder is one of the easiest items to remove fresh bloodstain from the carpet. You have to mix some talcum powder with water to make a thick paste. Then you need to put the paste on the stain and keep it still for a few minutes. At last, you have to brush it away and most of the time the stain will go away with it. It is one of the most easily available products of all and you can use it anytime to clean your carpet from fresh bloodstain.
Make Some Cold Water with Salt
Saltwater is a very good element to remove blood stains when it is completely cold. And the best part is it is quite easy to use. You have to mix some salt with cold water and keep the carpet soaked in it for around 4 hours. Then you can rinse your carpet to remove the stain with some liquid detergent available. This is the easiest way by which you can remove fresh blood stains from your carpet without ruining it. You can go for this method if you don’t have any other ingredients at home.
How To Remove Dried Blood Stain From Your Carpet
- The easiest way to remove a blood stain from the carpet is to soak it in completely cool water for 1 hour. Most of the time the stain gets weak and you can remove it easily.
- When you will wash your carpet if you see some dried bloodstain in it then you should prefer drying it in the air. Because if you dry it in the washing machine then the heat can help the stain sit even more. And that is the last thing you will want.
- If the dried blood stain is too strong then you have to scrub your carpet properly with some water and soap mixture. This is the only way by which you can rub the stain and remove the particles. But you have to work hard to do that.
- When you will wash the carpet you should turn the fabric inside out to remove the dried bloodstain. Because in that way the soap and water will weaken the bond between the dried blood and the fibre and it will come out easily while washing.
- You can use some biodegradable cleaners which are enzymatic. You have to go through different products available in the market to get the right one for your favorite carpet. That is why you should always read all the specifications and then only decide which product will work best for you.
- If all the methods fail then you have to go for some harsh chemicals to remove the dried blood stain from your carpet. But in that case, you have to make sure that the carpet material is sturdy enough so that it can take the reaction positively.
These are the basic ways by which you can remove fresh bloodstain as well as dried blood stains from your carpet. In these processes, different materials are used. You must go through all the specifications and choose the correct product for your carpet. Because if you don’t go through the features then you won’t understand which one will work best in your condition? You will get all the information on the official websites of the products. After that, you need to see whether the blood stain is fresh or dried. Because the whole cleaning process will be a little bit different for both cases. And you have to choose the process according to that.