Most people do not feel the necessity to clean their carpet cleaner brushes. It’s commonly thought that the brushes clean themselves while cleaning the carpet. But you need to clean the brushes regularly and properly. It plays an effective role in cleaning your carpet.
So if the carpet cleaner doesn’t get cleaned by itself, it won’t give you satisfactory results. Besides, if you do not take care of any product you use and do not clean them when you need to, the products’ lifespan will start to decrease.
Similarly, you need to take care of your carpet cleaner’s brush and clean them properly. But How to clean carpet cleaner brushes? Well, lots of people don’t even know how to open them, and you will know without a doubt. Just keep reading.
Procedure to clean carpet cleaner brushes
A clean brush or rather a clean carpet cleaner will make your work smoother. As the clean brushes will work more efficiently and clean your carpet properly. So to learn how to clean them, follow the steps thoroughly;
Step 1: Detach the brush
Some people think the brush is too complex to remove. Some even think that removing it can damage the brush or even the machine. So, they avoid detaching it. But you can not clean the bush like that as you can not reach it properly without removing it. And fortunately, it’s not tough to do that. There are different detaching ways for various types of carpet cleaners. Usually, most of the users remove the hose extension. You just need to twist it and pull it out of the machine. Thus your brush will easily get detached. In other cases, you will find a button. Press the button and release the brush. But before doing any of these, always look in the manual instruction to be completely sure about the process.
Step 2: Wash the brush
The next step is to clean it thoroughly. To do that, you need warm water. You can also use some liquid soap or detergent as the detergent and water’s warmth help the brush release the dirt quickly. If you haven’t cleaned the brush before and it’s your first time, you’ll be shocked to see the amount of dirt the brush is holding.
Mix the warm water and detergent in a bucket. Then submerge it into the water completely. Leave it for some time. At this time, lots of dirt and soil will get loose. If the water is completely dirty, then take the brush out and change the water with new warm water and detergent mix. Then dip the brush again.
Now use a handheld brush. Also, you can use a toothbrush as well. Use it to pull and clear all the debris and hairs or any dirt stuck on the cleaner brush’s bristles. Once you are done washing the brush, clean the brush compartment too. It will have dirt and soil inside also. Therefore, you can use a damp cloth for wiping the inside completely.
Step 3: Disinfect the brush
The carpet cleaner brush collects the most amount of dirt. So most germs will be there naturally. But detergent and warm water can not kill them all. As a result, there’s a great chance for various germs to remain on the brush. So you need to sterilize it with white vinegar.
The acetic acid in the vinegar has excellent antibacterial properties. But make sure to use it in a diluted state. The acetic acid can damage the bristles, too, if you use it directly. So instead of dipping it into the solution, use a cloth saturated with diluted vinegar. Use it to wipe the whole carpet cleaner brush. Also, do not use vinegar on the rubber brushes too often.
Step 4: Let the brush to dry
After you are done with all the cleaning steps, put the brush on an open area where it can get open air. It will help it to dry faster. Sunlight will help it even more. Never reattach the brush to its compartment before drying as the moisture can regrow the germs. After the drying step, the brush will be completely ready to be attached to the machine and go for the next round.
How to clean Bissell carpet cleaner brushes?
Bissel carpet cleaner is a well known carpet cleaner available in the market. And it’s easy to maintain too. You have to keep the machine clean to keep it going for a long time. But the difference is in the brush. To be precise, you need to do a little more work for detaching the brush than the standard cleaning brushes. So, learn properly not to damage any part of the cleaner.
- First, turn the carpet cleaner off and remove the cord from the wall socket. Then you’ll find a paddle button at the base of the handle. It will release the handle to pop backward. Press the pedal and pop the handle completely backward to lay on the floor. There are two tanks consecutively the water tank or solution tank and the recovery or dirty water storage tank. You need to detach them both one after another. Put them aside and go for the brush.
- Now you’ll find a panel called “belt access panel.” You need to open it, and for that, you need a screwdriver. Put the driver into the slots on both sides. Then lift upwards in both cases. When the panel will open up, you’ll see the rubber belt. Slide it outwards to detach from the pin. Once done, tilt the machine upside down. You can see the screws in the brush bracket. Unscrew them with the driver to remove the bracket. Then you can easily pull the brush out.
- Once you remove the brush from the carpet cleaner, clean the brush by washing it into a bucket full of warm water and detergent. For cleaning any stubborn stains, you can use a toothbrush. The toothbrush bristles are soft and don’t damage your carpet.
- Then you can wipe the brush completely with diluted vinegar. Use the help of cloth to do the job. Then you need to clean the brackets and the rubber belts too. They attract dirt from the brush. So they can grow bacterias also.
- Once the cleaning process is over, dry the brush and reset it into its place. Do the steps backward to reattach it.
All types of carpet cleaners need proper cleaning so that they can give you a proper cleaning service. Some machines can be a little complex to handle. But as you can see, if you follow the steps and directions thoroughly, you can keep your carpet cleaner brushes clean. Along with that, you can have a clean atmosphere in your house.